Having a wholesome lunch is important to keep you active for the rest of the day. People often prefer a satiating lunch if they have the habit of eating breakfast early.
In this article, we introduce some vegan lunch recipes for people following a vegan diet.
Tomato Olive Pasta
If you do not have much time on getting the lunch ready, you may try this hassle-free tomato olive pasta recipe.
- fusilli pasta(egg-free)-1 cup
- green olives cut into halves-1/ 3 cup
- dried basil-1/2 cup
- olive oil-1 tsp
- tomato puree-1/2 cup
- dried oregano-1/2 tsp
- salt-to taste
For garnishing, use fresh basil and almond parmesan
- Boil fusilli pasta in a large pot of water.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and set it aside.
- To the same pot you used to cook pasta, add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add olives to the pot and cook for about 1-2minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the pot of olives and lower the heat. Add the herbs, tomato puree, and salt. Mix all ingredients and serve hot.
- Sprinkle almond parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
Potato And Spinach Strudel
The recipe is perfect for lunch and dinner.
- olive oil-1 tsp
- Chopped potatoes-2 ½ cups
- red onion-1(chopped)
- fresh spinach-2 cups
- Whole cumin-1 tsp
- salt-1/2 tsp
- vegan puff pastry dough-1
- Boil potatoes in water until they become soft.
- Heat a pan and add olive oil to it. Add in chopped onions and cumin, and cook until the onions become translucent. Add spinach and wilt them. Drain the softened potatoes, cut them into cubes, and add to the pan. Add salt and mix all ingredients and set aside. The filling is ready.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Add the filling over the puff pastry and fold it closing the edges.
- Bake the puff pastry in the oven for 25 minutes until it turns golden.
- Serve with a nice vegan sauce. Spicy sauces go well with this recipe.
If you do not want potatoes as cubes inside the puff pastry, you may mash the softened potatoes and add them to the filling mix. Try both ways and find out what you like more. The healthy recipe is satiating as the potatoes in the filling are rich in carbs.